[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layers offset over google maps base layer in IE8

John Preston byhisdeeds at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:06:22 EST 2011

I'm trying to understand why my vector layers rendered via my
geoserver wms server are offset in the y direction by about 50px in
IE8. In chrome and firefox they line up ok over the google maps base
layer. I have set the google projection to 900913 and my layers to
their own projection and the google layer has the spherical mercator
set to true. But I figure that all the required stuff is setup ok
because everything works ok in firefox and chrome.

Can anyone say what the problem could be.

John
P.S. I'm using OpenLayers 2.10 Revision:10721 and the result is the
same for either google maps v2 or v3 api.