[OpenLayers-Users] Trouble changing mouse pointer on panZoomBar mousover

aparker1969 andrew at source3.com
Sun Feb 20 15:13:44 EST 2011

I have copied the code from
http://ariasprado.name/2010/10/17/changing-mouse-pointer-style-in-openlayers.html.
And have tried various configurations and still cannot get the cursor to
change with mouseover on panZoomBar.  I have even tried changing the css
like I did for my toolbar with no success.

When moving the code around I either get a function is undefined or array is
null.  The problem map is at http://saturn.nmt.edu/tests/cursor.html.  A
working map without this modification is at
http://saturn.nmt.edu/tests/test.html.

Below is a portion of my code js code.
        map1 = new OpenLayers.Map(options);

    mapPanel = new GeoExt.MapPanel({
        //border: true,
        region: "center",
        center: [-11337475, 4090026],
        zoom: 6,
        /**************** DEFINE OpenLayers MAP *************/
        map: map1,
        //layers: [],
        tbar: [toolbarItems]
    });
    map1.addLayers(layers);
    map1.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Scale(mapscale));
    map1.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar());

    /// Change Cursor  THIS IS NOT WORKING
    var panZoomBarDivId =
map1.getControlsByClass('OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar')[0].div.id;
    $(panZoomBarDivId).observe('mouseover', function(event) {
        document.body.style.cursor = 'default';
        // If the propagation of the mouseover event is not stopped, the
        // mouse pointer shape will be changed again to the value stored
        // in the global variable 'mousePointerStyle'.
        Event.stop(event);
    });
    /// End Change Cursor NOT WOKRING

Appreciate any help.