[OpenLayers-Users] google indexing of dynamic popups

acousmetre acousmetre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 12:29:16 EST 2011

Hi list,

This may be a bit off-topic, but I wonder if anyone could offer some
tips on how to get Google to index the contents of popups which are
dynamically generated.

My site www.rabeca.org uses two php scripts. The first is used to plot
markers on the map: www.rabeca.org/featuresbrief.php

For efficiency, the output of this does not contain much in the way of
content, just the title of the popup, coordinates for plotting and a
file descriptor (a number). Content is loaded with a second php script
that accepts a file descriptor as an input. eg.
www.rabeca.org/featurecontent.php?fd=63

This content is not getting indexed by google. I know I could probably
write a server script which would write hard-coded html files on each
update of the database, but is there something that can be done to
enable google indexing of the dynamic content?

Cheers,

Iain