[OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo + xy mouse coordinates, can this be done?

Planet)x andrew.stewart at reddeer.ca
Mon Feb 28 22:02:39 EST 2011

I have a slight problem which has to do with my WMS mainly but wondering if
there is a way to program around it. Well problem is I can increase the
symbol size for points on my Web service but the geometry of the point
(centroid) remains the same. Therefore when using a
OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo the feature info is never returned
until I move the mouse directly in the middle of the point feature (and also
lines unfortunately). Question is can I somehow force the mouse to be moved
to the center of the point when it nears a symbol.. and is there anyway to
actually get the entire coordinates for the symbol so I can use them to do
the featureinfo somehow? Not sure if this makes sense or if there is another
approach I can utilize to do this.. appreciate any advice!