[OpenLayers-Users]: Marker popup doesn't stay opened after map pan

Franz Buchinger fbuchinger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 04:57:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

I created a custom marker layer for a proprietary, xml-based POI webservice.
My implementation is basically a stripped-down version of the WFS layer and
its dependencies (OpenLayers.Feature.WFS and OpenLayers.Tile.WFS).
Everything works ok so far, except that any opened popup is closed after a
map pan or zoom, although the corresponding marker is still visible on the
map.
The desired behaviour is that the popup should stay open if the
corresponding marker is still visible.

I am using the FramedCloud popup and already popup.closeOnMove = false;  Is
there anything else I have to watch out for? Or do I have to implement this
functionality on my own?

thanks in advance,

Franz