[OpenLayers-Users] BBOX strategy predicament

Robert Buckley robertdbuckley at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 11:53:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am developing a webapp (http://maps.zgb.de/www/eeg/wea_wfs_deploy.html)which
is based upon about 500 points - The app contains a map and a GeoExt grid
containing columns 1 and 2 of the attributes The user can select and zoom into
selected points from the grid. I would like to load the app quickly into the
browser and have therefore looked at the bbox and the cluster strategies. The
problem is that if I use the bbox strategy all of the points are loaded at the
startup "full extent" overview map making the startup slow. However if I use the
cluster strategy the entries in my grid are reduced giving the impression of
less points in the map and cutting the amount of points in the grid.

I would like to offer the user a full list of points in a grid, but use the
cluster strategy for the map....whilst allowing the user to select and zoom into
the map from the grid.

Is this possible?

yours,

Rob