[OpenLayers-Users] map not accept html element

Samuel M. Smith smithsm at samuelsmith.org
Wed Jun 1 16:35:46 EDT 2011

I implemented the image layer example, OpenLayers Image Layer Example, which worked fine until I

map = new OpenLayers.Map('map');

with

map = new OpenLayers.Map(document.getElementById("map") )

Then the map would not display.

Based on the documentation the parameter can either be an element  or element ID.

Did I do something wrong or is it a bug?

Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
242 East 600 North, Lindon Utah 84042-1662 USA
801-768-2768 voice
801-768-2769 fax

"The greatest source of failure and unhappiness in the world is
giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment"