[OpenLayers-Users] How to specify hotspot area for marker icon

JK Chen jk.chen at sdl.usu.edu
Thu Jun 2 15:53:50 EDT 2011

Hi Dear OpenLayers developer and users:

I need a way to specify hotspot area for marker icons, If you know how, please help.

My goal is to specify the region that is covered by the icon images, excluding the space area that is not covered by the "icon image". I believe Openlayers currently  uses the entire size rectangle of the icon.

I  have a set of overlapping markers, and invoking wrong marker are seriously error, basically will nullify my entire application.

Your helps are appreciated.

JK