[OpenLayers-Users] Bing zoom levels in 2.11

Andy Harrison andyh at alh.me.uk
Thu Jun 2 19:52:33 EDT 2011

On 02/06/2011 22:49, Andreas Hocevar wrote:
> Hey,
>
> looking again, and playing with the bing-tiles-restrictedzoom.html
> example from my patch, I don't see any issues with restrictedMinZoom.
> What exactly makes you think that this is a solution inferior to
> minZoomLevel?

It's probably because I'm using the PanZoomBar control.
restrictedMinZoom is having an inconsistent effect on the zoom slider.
The slider doesn't always stop at restrictedMinZoom and you still have
the additional levels showing on the slider that you cannot access. I'd
like to be able to make the switch between google and bing seamless. In
the old VirtualEarth layers I could achieve that. I'm just trying to
recreate what I already have, but make it smoother and faster with the
new features.

Does it make sense to have a numZoomLevels parameter without
minZoomLevel? To me it makes sense to be able to restrict zooms to a
range and have the zoom slider show only that range. The slider is not
responding well to the restrictedMinZoom parameter. I can drag the
slider below the restrictedMinZoom. I think that might confuse people
using the map. I have no need for the first six zooms, don't want to
show those levels, but I do need detail, right down to zoom 21. The
slider is rather large with all 21 zooms.

Maybe I'm being pedantic :-) Maybe I will just hide the slider.

andy