[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Apply thematic in WMS layer using too long sld

sasamil sasha.milenkovic at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 16:48:19 EDT 2011

That's it!
With OL 2.11-rc1, the code works as expected. It sends POST request
depending on the request string length.

Previously, I was using OL 2.10 and this problem was confusing me. (On the
other hand, OpenLayers.Layer.WMS was sending POST, as expected ?!)

Hopefully, this problem belongs to history, now.

Thank You very much!

Regards!

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Andreas Hocevar-2 [via OSGeo.org] <
ml-node+6439189-2056477957-79690 at n2.nabble.com> wrote:

> Maybe it's just that your OpenLayers version is too old and POST
> requests are not yet supported. Try upgrading to 2.11-rc1.
>
> Andreas.
>
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:04 AM, sasamil <[hidden email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=6439189&i=0>>
> wrote:
>
> > This is my code (ms4w-mapserver):
> >
> >    wmsLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Layer WMS",
> > "http://mywmsserver.php?SERVICE=WMS&",
> >                            {layers: "abcd", transparent: true},
> >                            {isBaseLayer: false, visibility: false,
> > tileOptions: {maxGetUrlLength: 2048}});
> >    map.addLayer(wmsLayer);
> >
> > It does work but it sends GET request ?!
> >
> > When I change maxGetUrlLength to be whatever... (for example -
> > maxGetUrlLength: 8) everything is the same... It works but there is no
> POST
> > request. GET request is being sent, anyway?!
> >
> > Can somebody help? That what I really need is sending a POST request.
> >

> > --

> Andreas Hocevar
> OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/

Macte animo!