[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Save Data, Multiple User access at same Time

Trond Michelsen trondmm-openlayers at crusaders.no
Mon Jun 6 10:57:25 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 05:48:56AM -0700, Michael wrote:
> I might start by thinking of this as a visual chatroom or multiplayer
> game.

This is probably a good approach. I've just watched a presentation of
a collaborative WFS editing system, and they actually use a chatserver
to distribute the changes. Basically, the users load the features from
a WFS-server when they start the editing session. Then every change a
user does is sent to the others as a chat-message. If new users join
during the session, they'll load the features from the server first,
then replay every edit from the chatlog. When the session is done, the
objects are sent back to the server using WFS-T.

It's not an open-source project, so I can't share any code,
unfortunately.

--
Trond Michelsen