[OpenLayers-Users] Re: OpenLayers SLD Bug?

IvanBell Ivan.Bell at CCA.com
Wed Jun 8 14:21:03 EDT 2011

I thought I would post my final solution, which is really only a
workaround.

Since no one was able or willing to help me diagnose the OpenLayers bug, I
decided to try other ways to circumvent OpenLayers.  My final solution is to
dynamically create an SLD file on the mapping server (for which to syntax
works when styled directly in GeoServer) and reference the newly-created
file in my page.

E.g., create the file on the map server and set the SLD by URL:

   myLayer.mergeNewParams({ SLD:
"http://localhost:8081/geoserver/styles/MyDynamicallyCreatedSld.sld" });

This workaround violates good design and is a hack.  However, it works.  I
can't even report the bug within the OpenLayers bug tracker.  The bug
tracker won't allow me to log in (unspecified network error).  So, hopefully
someday, someone from the OpenLayers development team may read my posts and
address the bug.  BTW, the bug exists in 2.11 RC, too.

Hope this saves someone else the time this bug has cost me (~3 weeks).

Sincerely,

Ivan Bell

-----
Up the Irons!!!