[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Problems getting WFS layer

Casper Span info at spatially-oriented.com
Thu Jun 9 06:05:50 EDT 2011

A small followup... I've found out a few things in the meantime. For
starters, I had a missing proxy. I've added this into apache now, so it
forwards everything nicely from port 80 to port 8080 to geoserver.

My layer had a few changes as well:

    wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Editable Features", {
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
        projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:28992"),
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
            version: "1.1.0",
            srsName: "EPSG:28992",
            url: "http://casp-geoserver/geoserver/wfs",
            featureNS :  "http://casp-geoserver/",
            featureType: "locatiedossiers",
            geometryName: "geometry",
            schema: "
http://casp-geoserver/geoserver/wfs/DescribeFeatureType?version=1.1.0&typename=gs:locatiedossiers
"
        })
    });

This is basically just the WFS Transactional sample from OL, with my server
adres and layer in it. I have doublechecked all the url's, namespaces, etc.
I really don't know what to check next. Firebug tries to get something from
WFS "OPTIONS wfs", but the reponse is empty. That's the only WFS related
line on the NET tab in FireBug.

I can serve the layer through WMS without any problems. The WMS is also
served through the proxy, so that should work properly.

I'm currently using GeoServer 2.1 RC2, OL 2.10. This problem is the same for
Firefox 4, Chrome 12 and IE8.

I really hope I'm missing just a small thing, because I've been at this
problem for a few days already...

Regards,
Casper Span