AW: [OpenLayers-Users] Re: help with removing/replacing a markerafter click event

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Mon Jun 13 03:13:50 EDT 2011

if you use Feature.Vector markers to display your markers, try

if(vectorLayer.features.length>0)
    vectorLayer.removeFeatures(vectorLayer.features);

to remove the marker before you add a marker at the new position.

http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL210/Map_mit_Marker.asp

or use a DragFeature.Control to drag the marker around.

http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL26/examples/gc_example.html

 Or both.

i was not able to update the position of the marker by updating the geometry
and redraw the feature. The label moves to the new position, but the marker
(the externalGraphic) wouldn't move!?

Arnd

  _____