[OpenLayers-Users] Vector Feature Clustering

shitake83 shitake83 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:53:02 EDT 2011

Hi guys.

Im really struggling to get the cluster feature to work.

This is how my layer is defined :
I have a map with 300+ Vector Markers, some of the Markers are at the same
spot (such as Hospitals with multilple Doctors - which is not so unlikely
).
So I want to be able to have my Features clustered.

vectorLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Markers Layer",{
		styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap(
			{"default": new OpenLayers.Style(OpenLayers.Util.applyDefaults({
				        externalGraphic:
"http://openlayers.org/dev/img/marker-green.png",
					graphicOpacity: 1,
					rotation: 0,
					pointRadius: 10},

OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style["default"])),
					"select": new OpenLayers.Style({
						externalGraphic: "http://openlayers.org/dev/img/marker-blue.png"})
				})
			});

var strategy = new OpenLayers.Strategy.Cluster({distance: 15, threshold:
3});

Whenever i add the "strategy" to the layer definition, the map stops
showing.
It may seem very easy to complete this task. But ive been struggling over a
week now, eventhough there are some examples (which i dont fully
understand).

If im missing something along the way, feel free to point me into the right
direction.
All help is appreciated. Thanks.