[OpenLayers-Users] how to test for number of features on a markers layer?

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:59:49 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm still wrestling with this issue. Is there a way to test for the number
of features on a markers layer? I'd like to write a conditional that if the
number of makers is greater than one, it removes the first marker before
placing the next. Arnd's suggestion seems to be exactly what I need, but I'm
not sure how to get a count of the markers layer.
Also, will it count the added features sequentially, meaning if I do succeed
in removing the marker before placing the next one, will it get counted as
the next marker? thanks in advance.