[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Browser Issues: Safari and Opera with OpenStreetMap, IE9, Safari mobile.

Janis Elmeris janis.elmeris at intelligentsystems.lv
Tue Jun 21 07:11:11 EDT 2011

> First, with a geolocation demo I'm working on, Opera 11 places the marker
at the center of the map vertically but at the right of the screen, and the
visible portion of my map shrinks to about a quarter of the screen with OSM
as a baselayer, the layer switcher controls remain in the right position.
> I have a google layer as a second baselayer which as soon as I switch
> layers, the map resizes to the correct width. When I switch back to OSM
> it's the right size again.

I am facing a somewhat similar problem. Once the page is open, my Opera 11
opens the pop-up vertically correctly (according to the second parameter of
OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud constructor), but horizontally at the left side
(even though it should appear somewhere in the middle of the map).

If I try dragging the map, the pop-up and also a few Feature.Vectors gets
dragged along vertically correctly (the Y coordinate gets updated along with
the dragging), however, the objects do not change their X coordinates (the
pop-up stays at the left side and the features - at their initial positions)
essentially just moving up-down, but not right-left along with the map's
base layer.

The odd behaviour stops if I either change the zoom level or change the base
layer (to OSM or another Google type) either with Control.LayerSwitcher,
Control.Navigation or Map.setBaseLayer, Map.zoomTo.