[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayer & iPhone

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 21:03:44 EDT 2011

Hi Eric,

>> Any advice on how to improve the performance?
>

> You can try <http://www.openlayers.org/dev/OpenLayers.mobile.js>. But
> as Andreas said you'd be better off creating your own build.

What is in this OpenLayers.mobile.js aside from TouchNavigation
control to compare to the regular OpenLayers.js? Is any version of
this that is not minified?

Is TouchNavigation control also in the regular Openlayers.js?

BTW, I manage to embed OpenLayers in iPad /iPhone app in Xcode. It
runs in iPad simulator, not yet tested in the actual device so I can't
verify the functionability touch events in actual device. Edit (i.e.
navigate, point, line, polygon, modify, drag) works as well the mouse
in simulator.

I also created TouchMove control out of MouseMove control. This one
seems working, I can see the coordinates in the upper right corner
changes in the iPad Simulator.

Spatialite runs with OpenLayers, not yet WKT rendering to OL from the
spatialite queries.

Noli