[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer projection

Mario Saban mttracer at gmx.de
Fri Jun 24 03:15:34 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am using a vector layer where i add features with addFeatures. Also, I
set the projection of this layer to a different than the base layer.
Now I am wondering why I have to manually transform each of my feature's
geometry from vector layer projection to base layer projection. I would
have expected that every layer requires coordinates in its own
projection format and handles transformation to base layer projection
itself.
So my question is, is this working as intended and if so what is the
projection property of a vector layer used for if the layer always
requires base layer projection's coordinates despite having a different
projection set.

Regards, Mario