[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Can't get WFS to work.

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Jun 28 18:12:21 EDT 2011

> Is is therefore unreasonable to think about an OL-Client which uses an areal
> photo as background to display the cadastre on top?
> Cadastre-features are mostly simple but there can be many of them.
I put vast no. of features over top of photos or google layers but using
WMS so the server does the rendering not the client. On top of this, a
caching server (eg GWC in geoserver) can deliver even more speed and do
generalisation of features on the fly as well. Its just not a good way
to use WFS. Use WFS for query, and WMS for display. Have a look at
SLDSelect example as well as way of doing queries with WMS.