[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Can't get WFS to work.

Rohan Parkes rohan.parkes at pelicancorp.com
Wed Jun 29 00:24:21 EDT 2011

I had a problem like this when I started using vector layers with the WFS
protocol. It turned out the layer was returning the entire data for the
layer, regardless of the bounding box. Consequently, it was sending back
about 2mb of xml data every time the user panned. The fix was to set the
maxExtent of the layer to the same as the map object. I found this puzzling,
as I thought this setting would bubble up from the map into the vector
layer.

Rohan Parkes
Developer