[OpenLayers-Users] popups... onmouseover/hover show, onmouseout hide?

Gary Nobles garynobles at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 04:45:54 EDT 2011

Hi I have a popup map, see below code, currently popups occur when hovering
over the base map not just the settlements points. Also the popups do not
disappear after a certain time. I guess I need a destroy(); function
somewhere? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

//pop up feature
        info = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
        url: 'http://www./website/.com:8080/geoserver/wms',
        title: 'Identify features by clicking',
        layers: [settlements],
        hover: true,
        queryVisible: "true",

            eventListeners: {
                getfeatureinfo: function(event) {
                    map.addPopup(new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
                        "chicken",
                        map.getLonLatFromPixel(event.xy),
                        null,
                        event.text,