[OpenLayers-Users] Spatialreference.org down

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Tue Mar 1 08:23:33 EST 2011

On Mar 1, 2011, at 1:05 PM, ext Hugo wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Are you having problems to load SpatialReference.org website?? I'm always getting a proxy error 502. As of my understanding, openlayers uses this site when transform methods are called or srs definitions are made, am i correct? So, if i use Proj4js i will no longer need to connect to spatialreference.org to achieve reprojections, is this correct?

OpenLayers never talks to SpatialReference.org directly. proj4js does
by default. Instead of depending on this resource being available, I
highly recommend all users include proj4js definitions in your page directly.
You can download a proj4js definition from:

  http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4326/proj4js/

And include that text in the Javascript of your page.

-- Chris