[OpenLayers-Users] WMTS example question

web web at infogeo.ch
Fri Mar 4 10:19:27 EST 2011

Hello list,

I have a question regarding this example:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wmts.html

I notice that when you do not browse the map completely inside the wmts data extents, this causes a lot of HTTP 400 errors. This is because there is no data here for the asked tile. Also the more you zoom out, the more you have these kind of errors.

I just wondered if OL should'nt ask layer's tiles when we browse outside of the layer's extent. Or is it a normal behavior? These 400 errors cannot be avoided?

Regards,
Rémy