[OpenLayers-Users] Increase hover delay of SelectFeature control?

Planet)x andrew.stewart at reddeer.ca
Mon Mar 7 12:41:34 EST 2011

I was previously using many WMSGetfeature controls with a hover delay so the
right one was showing up ontop of others. I am trying to reproduce this with
the SelectFeature control using hover but I can see nowhere to define the
hover delay and my problem is when I move the mouse over my feature the
selectfeature control shows a tooltip properly (ext.tooltip) but then the
WMSGEtfeature control kicks in and shows a different tooltip below the layer
even though I haven't moved my mouse yet. Can I set a delay somehow using
the below code?

 info_attraction_hotspot = new
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(layer_Attraction,
{toggle:true,clickout:true});
    layer_Attraction.events.on({"featureselected": onAttractionSelect});

        function showAttractionTooltip(event){
        var feature = event.feature;

        //Display Tooltip
        tooltip.destroy();
	    tooltip = new Ext.ToolTip({
        html: 'Attraction',
        dismissDelay: 3000
        });
        tooltip.targetXY = [(x_pos + -80),(y_pos - 60)];
        tooltip.show();