[OpenLayers-Users] Blank base layer with other base layer options

Charles Galpin cgalpin at lhsw.com
Tue Mar 8 16:49:48 EST 2011

I have seen this asked before, and the solution was to do

baseLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer("Blank",{isBaseLayer: true});

However in my case I have other base layers like google and osm, and I just want to add the option of having no base map. But when I select a layer defined like this it appears to immediately zoom out to it's max extent which appears to be heavily zoomed in (scale of 1:5022).

How can I set it to keep at the scale it was before selecting it, or have the same extent and resolutions as say the google map?

thanks,
charles