[OpenLayers-Users] Re: pan while drawing

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Mar 9 00:33:54 EST 2011

On Tuesday, March 8, 2011, Arnd Wippermann <arnd.wippermann at web.de> wrote:
> I tried http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/draw-feature.html and it
> works as expected.
>
> Then i tried the new drawing tools with an own application and it works.
> But after pan and then drawing into the new visible map part the drawing is
> cut at the edge to the new visible map part. I have to draw invisible. I
> have to change to navigation, then the cuted feature is all visible.
>
> I couldn't say, if i do something strange in my application, that that
> behaviour show up.
>
> See: http://gis.ibbeck.de/OLClient/OLClient_test.asp
>
> Activate the vector layer and use the drawing tools.
>
> Tested with Firefox 3.6 and Chrome 5.0.375.70. IE doesn't work.
> Local test with IE shows not the behaviour.

We've seen geometries drawn under tiles during the code sprint, but we
weren't able to reproduce the issue. Although not fully sure I don't
think this is related to the "pan draw" patch. I'll have a look at
your application.

> A question aroused while using the trunk version.
> I use in my application the property map.layers[idx].isVector to decide
> whether the layer is a vector layer or not.
>
> In OpenLayers.Layer.Vector (2.10)
>
>     /**
>      * APIProperty: isVector
>      * {Boolean} Whether the layer is a vector layer.
>      */
>     isVector: true,
>
> In trunk this property has vanished. Should it not be there or is there a
> new way to get the information.

This property was there for historical reasons, so we removed it. You
can use <layer instanceof OpemLayers.Layer.Vector> instead.

Thanks for your feedback Arnd.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS