[OpenLayers-Users] Zoom to filtered feature

michsred michsred at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 03:58:47 EST 2011

Hi list,

is there possible to perform automatical zoom to feature filtered by CQL
filter?

I have a WMS layer containig parcels and I want to enable some kind of
searching mechanism where user will put parcel number to a form and after
apply it the only searched parcel will be displayed and map view will be set
to this parcel's bounds.

I enabled CQL filtering like this:

                function updateFilter(){
                if(pureCoverage)
                  return;

                var filter = "parcel_number = " +
document.getElementById('filter').value;

                var filterParams = {
                    cql_filter: filter
                };

                mergeNewParams(filterParams);
            }

            function mergeNewParams(params){
                myLayer.mergeNewParams(params);
            }

and after I put parcel number to a form connected with updateFilter()
function and apply it, the only searched parcel is dispayed. My question is
what should I do to enable zooming to the filtered parcel? Is it possible to
retrieve BBOX of a particular feature from WMS layer and then use it in JS?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Michal