[OpenLayers-Users] How to access GeoServer if installed Remotely

Troy Coburn troy.coburn at caris.com
Wed Mar 16 11:02:09 EDT 2011

Are you able to ping the address? Are you certain the web server is
running? Is there a proxy setting in Internet Explorer preventing you
from accessing this location?

Troy Coburn

Mustafa646 wrote:
> I have installed Geoserver on server 93.20.100.13 at port 8080, Now i want to
> access that Geoserver from my computer (other machine) like that
>
> http://93.20.100.13:8080/geoserver
>
> it gives error, Explorer could not connect to 93.20.100.13:8080
>
> Where is the problem, can anybody explain ?

Troy Coburn
Web Developer
CARIS
115 Waggoners Lane, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada, E3B 2L4
Tel: +1.506.458.8533 Fax: +1.506.459.3849
www.caris.com
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please notify us by email reply. You should not use, disclose, distribute or copy this communication if received in error.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. No binding contract will result from this email until such time as a written document is signed on behalf of the company.