[OpenLayers-Users] RE: Linear Referencing

Gagan Bansal gaganbansal123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 00:46:56 EDT 2011

Hi Karl,

Are you are looking functions similar to PostGIS linear referencing ?

In in one of my project I have written function equivalent to
ST_line_locate_point(LineString, Point). You can check if its helpful to
you.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/geometricnet/browser/trunk/lib/GeometricNet/Util.js
(LRSMeasure function)

I would be interested to develop all the Linear Referencing functions with
OpenLayers as those would be quite helpful for me also. Please describe your
requirement.

Also there was a talk about making separate geometry library development,
any body working on that ?

Regards,
Gagan