[OpenLayers-Users] Incremental Retrieval of points from a database-OL

Vikash Talanki vikashtalanki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:05:37 EDT 2011

Hi frnds....

       I have a new task now:
             The user will input the lat-lon values in a html Form and when
an INSERT button is clicked these values should be stored the DB. Now when a
submit button is clicked the markers of all the lat-lon values stored in a
table in DB should be visible on the map. This is fairly not a tough task,
but... when the user provides next value of a point, this should be stored
in the same table and this particular point marker should be added to the
map(the map already contains markers of previous points).......... that is,
instead of reading the whole data(including the new point) from the DB and
projecting on the map, since before adding new point to the DB we have
already pointed the markers of previous values, now only the new point
marker should be added to the map.

For better understanding here is the example....
           I already have 999 points in my DB and these are pointed on the
map. Now the user gives 1000th point values and this will be stored in the
DB. now if we reload(click on submit button) the page , instead of reading
all the 1000 points from DB and create markers, it should only read the new
point and add this to already existing map with 999 markers.

I have a simple logic for this, table1 in DB contains all the values and
table2 only the new value. whenever the user insert a points it is
simultaneously added in both the tables and when the user submits the only
value from table2 is deleted(so that next new value can be stored). so
reading just from table2 works here, but how to add this point to the
already existing map is the main task.

 I don't have any idea whether  this can be done  in OL or not, so please
help me how to do this

Hope my intention is understandable.

Till now I have not worked with databases in OL, so  please sugggest me
which DB(like mysql,etc..) suits better for this task.... and any other
suggestions on storing/retrieving to/from DB

Thanks alot in advance