[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Finding the country/state/city beneath the mouse click

harahara g_skumar at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 13:55:05 EDT 2011

Hi Chris

Thank you very much for the pointers to geonames.org and Nominatum. Since my
database would be relatively small (around 10000 places) I could look into
implementing a simple lookup table based on the longitude and latitude (if I
want to do it offline).

At the least, I know what is the term that I should be looking for, namely
"reverse geocoding". As you can see I am new to this stuff.

Thanks again

Hara Arcot