[OpenLayers-Users] Issue with WMTS layer created with WMTSGetCapabilities

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Mar 27 19:48:14 EDT 2011

OK, seems to be my weekend for problems :)

I am trying to get WMTS layer to be created from the WMTSGetCapabilities
document. It seems to be reading the document ok and creating the layer
but the layers does not work correctly.

Here is the getCapabilities document:

http://imaptools.com:8080/geocache/wmts?service=wmts&request=getcapabilities

Here is a simple web page I'm using for testing:

http://imaptools.com:8080/gc4.html

This has 3 layers defined:

1. WMTS in spherical mercator explicitly defining all the parameters.
This layer works fine as far as I can tell. It is for reference and to
show that the service is up and running correctly.

2. This attempts to read the getCapabilites document and create a layer
identical to the above based on the document. It seems that this layer
is in WGS84, degrees, and resolutions, etc if I inspect the
map.layer[1].* properties, instead of the values from the requested
matrixSet.

3. This attempts to read the getCapabilites document and create a layer
that is WGS84 based on the document, and I figured it had at least some
chance of working given the defaults found in 2. And map.zoom==1, shows
two broken tiles with TILEROW=-1

So, I'm hoping that someone that knows about about WMTS can take a peak.
I'm digging through the code, but have not had much luck discovering
anything helpful.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
   -Steve