[OpenLayers-Users] OL+Geoserver+PostGIS

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:23:51 EDT 2011

Here you go, step by step:

1.  Roll up your sleeves, you get to do the work
2.  Read up on WFS-T.  This is likely the protocol that you will want
to use to insert/update features via OpenLayers.
    a.  http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html
3.  Look at how GeoServer supports WFS-T
    a. http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/services/wfs/reference.html#transaction
4.  Look at how PostGIS tables can be used as data sources for GeoServer layers.
    a. http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/data/postgis.html

David.