[OpenLayers-Users] Setting the label z-index

dalsinao dalsinao at yahoo.es
Thu Mar 31 05:54:47 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have an OpenLayers.Layer.Vector where I specify the styleMap property to
have different OpenLayers.Style for default and selected features.

I specify the graphicZIndex property to have the selected z-index to be
higher than the default one, and in this way I get the selected feature
graphic displayed on top (I may have several features at the same location).

Now the problem comes because these features have a label but the label
z-index is not changed, so when a feature is selected the associated graphic
is re-drawn on top but not its corresponding label.

I'm using IE7 & IE8 browsers.

I do not see any symbolizer property like "labelZIndex" that may allow this
(http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.10/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Feature/Vector-js.html),
but I would assume that this should be possible somehow.

Do you know how can I get then the label z-index changed when a feature is
selected then?

Thanks in advance for any help.
David