[OpenLayers-Users] I can't render a WFS in OpenLayers - help!!

ΑΠΟΣΤΟΛΟΣ ΛΕΛΕΝΤΖΗΣ lelentzisapostolos at gmail.com
Mon May 2 09:30:00 EDT 2011

Hello list!

I need your useful help and experience, regarding with rendering a WFS
service in OpenLayers!
Specifically, i stored my data in PostgreSQL 8.3/ PostGIS 1.5, i published
them with GeoServer 2.0.2 creating WMS, WFS, WCS services, and now i want to
show the WFS service in Open Layers. With WMS service, i haven't any
problems.

I read a lot, the last days, and i realize that i have to locate a proxy
host program at a cgi-bin directory.
So, i installed the apache server at 80 port and i downloaded the proxy.cgi
from the
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost.After
that, i edit the first line of this file, determining the directory
of the python's executable program (#C:/Python25/python.exe -u), because the
operating system of my computer is Windows. Also, i add the variable
'localhost' and 'localhost:8080' at the point of allowedHosts, and i renamed
the proxy.cgi file to proxy.py. Afterwards, i type the link
http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.py at a web browser and the resulting content
of this page is the home page of open layers.
So, all went well !!

But, when i add the code *OpenLayers.ProxyHost="
http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.py?url="* at my javascript file and the
required code for the WFS service, i can't see the WFS service!!

Why??Any ideas?? i do something wrong??

Any suggestion is accepted!
Thanks!