[OpenLayers-Users] mapObject is null using ve?

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue May 3 11:07:35 EDT 2011

Did you include the Bing API script in your HTML document, as shown in
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/bing.html?

Other than that, I'd recommend signing up for an API key and using
OpenLayers.Layer.Bing. Layer.Bing doesn't need an external mapObject -
it is just tiles like any other layer that inherits from
OpenLayers.Layer.XYZ.

Andreas.

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM, ulao <S_K_U_N_X at yahoo.com> wrote:
> For some reason ve now gives me errors? I use this
>
>        VEAerial = new OpenLayers.Layer.VirtualEarth(   "Virtual Earth Raods",
> {'type': VEMapStyle.Road ,'sphericalMercator': true     , 'maxExtent': new
> OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508.34,-20037508.34,20037508.34,20037508.34)} );
>
> then when adding the base layer I get mapObject is null. I tried to use the
> .Bing constructor and use the example given, I get  object expected. I do
> not have a VE key, its this an issues all of a sudden?

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/