[OpenLayers-Users] Re: SOLVED - Firefox nsIXMLHttpRequest.send throwing 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)

flexer Andrey.Aniskovets at gmail.com
Tue May 10 16:31:00 EDT 2011

I have got the same error (Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0xc1f30001 .... )
And I have found another solution:

Do NOT call "this._object.send(vData);"
if  "this._object.abort();" has been called (see XMLHttpRequest.js).

-----------------------
Look at Request.js:
            window.setTimeout(function(){
                if (request._aborted !== true) {
                    request.send(config.data);
                }
            }, 0);

and look at XMLHttpRequest.js :
    cXMLHttpRequest.prototype.send    = function(vData) {
        // Add method sniffer
        if (cXMLHttpRequest.onsend)

and look at XMLHttpRequest.js:
   cXMLHttpRequest.prototype.abort    = function() {
        // BUGFIX: Gecko - unnecessary DONE when aborting
        if (this.readyState > cXMLHttpRequest.UNSENT)
            this._aborted    = true;
        this._object.abort();

I have added to XMLHttpRequest.js these lines and the problem was solved:

    cXMLHttpRequest.prototype.send    = function(vData) {
        if (!!this._isAbortCalled)
            return;

    cXMLHttpRequest.prototype.abort    = function() {
        this._isAbortCalled    = true;