[OpenLayers-Users] General question for displaying large numbers of points

Russel Tinnion Russel.Tinnion at tmgroup.co.uk
Thu May 12 03:09:48 EDT 2011

Nicholas

I don't know what your application is trying to portray with LIDAR (Point Cloud Data) but I would suggest pre-processing the data through a tool such as Safe Software FME (http://www.safe.com/highlight/lidar/) into Tiled Referenced Raster Images then use GeoServer Mosaic/Pyramid tools to create raster Stores for representation.

My response probably raises more things to think about than answers your initial question......all the best.

Cheers

Russel