[OpenLayers-Users] WMS and Vector layer z indexing

ChiefDan ChiefDan at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:20:39 EDT 2011

I have some WMS layers that I would like to be drawn above my features of a
particular vector layer.
I've experimented with map.raiseLayer(), raising the WMS layers up by a
delta of 2 relative to the vector layer, but the features from the vector
layer are still drawn on top.
I've given the vector features a style graphicZIndex of 1 as well and used
the rendererOptions{zIndexing:true} with no luck either.

My test map can be found here: http://rcoos.org/carolinasrcoosrev2/
In the In-Situ group, the vector layer is the Real Time Observations, this
is the one I want on the bottom relative to the other layers in that group.
To see what it does now, turn on the Sea Surface Temperature layer. Where
there is no vector feature, you'll see a colored circle. What I want is for
those to be on top of the vector features.

I appreciate any pointers.

Dan