[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Updating Data: Comet, Push, or What?

Michael mdm at yachtpc.com
Fri May 20 21:41:20 EDT 2011

Yes, it would certainly work.

The challenge is that during the race, there is a large amount of
traffic.  My concern is that the standard polling method, perfectly
workable for a low-traffic site, would be excessive traffic during the
high period.

I am hoping that one of these Comet-style solutions will scalably
address that issue.

Michael