[OpenLayers-Users] Google Layer v3 and Oblique imagery

Gundel, Aaron Aaron_Gundel at sjwater.com
Mon May 23 14:12:47 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but I noticed this morning that our Google hybrid/satellite view is starting to deliver oblique imagery by default for our area (the San Francisco Metropolitan Area).   (You can see an example of this here... http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/google-v3-alloverlays.html) We use the obliques in another area of our site; but we can't use them in our main map because it causes our WMS layers to be misaligned.  I couldn't find a way to shut these off in OpenLayers proper, so I ended up adding mapObject.setTilt(0); after the creation of the Google mapObject.  I'm guessing some people will want to keep the oblique imagery, though.  So is there a plan to add an option to turn the oblique imagery on/off in 2.11?

Thanks!

Aaron