[OpenLayers-Users] Re: different behaviours within browsers

magerlin MAP at ramboll.dk
Tue May 24 06:23:48 EDT 2011

Hi Manuele

My experience is, that IE is very sensitive to javascript errors. For
example a left over comma like the last one below after "200000" will "kill"
IE with meaningless error messages, while Forefox, Google Chrome and Opera
don't care:

			map = new OpenLayers.Map ("map", {
				maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(x1,y1,x2,y2),
				restrictedExtent:new OpenLayers.Bounds(x1,y1,x2,y2),
				maxResolution: 200000,
			} );

Missing semicolons may have the same effect.

I have several times corrected errors ussing  http://www.jslint.com/
http://www.jslint.com  to check my javascript code. Just copy and paste your
whole html page into the appropriate window and press the JSLint button
(which ironically leads to a Javascript error in IE on my PC! - so do it in
Firefox or something else)

Regards Morten