[OpenLayers-Users] copyright box on Google Maps layer

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:06:50 EDT 2011

On May 26, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Michael wrote:

> May I suggest another perspective?  Or refresh one, if it was already your plan...
>
> Completely *removing* the copyright notice, where someone has put their stuff out there saying "if you use it, you must preserve the copyright notice" may not exemplify the best practices of our community.  In its way, it's as inappropriate as taking open-source code and repackaging it as proprietary.

I am not suggesting removing the copyright notice. I have no problems with the more familiar "Powered by Google" note on the left bottom and the "Map data (c) 2011 Geocentre, yadda yadda - Terms of Use" on the right bottom.

I am asking for suppressing the new steel-blue box that pops up every time the map is panned, moved, zoomed, or otherwise made visible. This box says "Map Data (c) Geocentre, yadda yadda" and has a [close] button. This is new.