[OpenLayers-Users] map MaxExtent functions

Johannes Weskamm weskamm at terrestris.de
Mon May 30 03:58:21 EDT 2011

Hi *!
I am a little bit confused about the map.getMaxExtent /
map.zoomToMaxExtent functions.

Explanation: I have a map and it has a maxExtent set to a specific region.
In the map parameters i can see that the maxExtent is set correctly.

Now if i do a
map.getMaxExtent();
i will get an Extent of the whole world, instead of my specific
map.maxExtent.
I had a look at the function getMaxExtent and i can see that it uses the
maxExtent from the baseLayer instead of the map.
This is confusing because im asking the API for the maxExtent of the
map, and not of the baseLayer. I know that i can use the
restrictedExtent for this, but i just wanted to know if there is any
reason for this "unexpected" behaviour? Same goes for
map.zoomToMaxExtent, it does not use the map parameter, instead its
using the BaseLayer parameter.

Thanks for answers!

Johannes Weskamm

--
  Diplom Geograph Johannes Weskamm
  - Anwendungsentwickler -

  terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
  Irmintrudisstraße 17
  53111 Bonn

  Tel:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -54
  Fax:    ++49 (0)228 / 96 28 99 -57

  Email:  weskamm at terrestris.de
  Web:    http://www.terrestris.de

  Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6835
  Komplementärin:  terrestris Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
  vertreten durch: Hinrich Paulsen, Till Adams