[OpenLayers-Users] Re: When do I need a proxy ?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Nov 20 17:30:59 EST 2011

While the script protocol is good getting rid of the proxy, be aware
that it has its own issues. This turns the POST into a GET and filters
have to get translated to CQL. CQL doesnt honour SRS and I havent
mastered turning complex logical queries into params. Have a look at
this post:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/HOWTO-Using-the-script-protocol-and-modifying-the-filter-A-solution-for-usb-disk-based-map-distributn-td6455979.html
for a partial solution to some of the complexities.

Unless you are running off DVD or USB, setting up a proxy is far simpler.