AW: [OpenLayers-Users] Geoserver default SLD

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Sun Nov 27 12:26:51 EST 2011

Hi,

the WMS standard has the GetStyles request, which is supported by GeoServer:

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/topp/ows?service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetStyles&layers=topp:tasmania_water_bodies

This will return all styles associated with the layer, and the one
that is used by default is marked with

<sld:IsDefault>1</sld:IsDefault>

Andreas.

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Tondo <gpktondo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Than you Arnd. Okay, so it's possible. Could you point me pls? Does geoserver
> have separate URLs for each style, or is there any kind of connection
> between layers and assigned SLD styles? I mean this: Lets say, we have
> Tasmania layers (geoserver examples). Each layer got assigned SLD file as a
> default style.
> URL for layer is:
> /var WFS_layer_URL =
> "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/topp/ows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typeName=topp:tasmania_water_bodies"/
> URL for SLD style would be something like this:
> /var SLD_layer_URL = WFS_layer_URL +
> "some_other_part_of_URL_that_refers_to_default_SLD_file_assigned_to_layer"/

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/