[OpenLayers-Users] WFS not displaying although I'm using a proxy

Mike_ w_ward_W at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 04:09:07 EST 2011

hi list

I am trying to display vector layers from my WFS created in geoserver in
openlayers application. However, the WMSs display without errors but when I
try to display the vectors via the code below as overlays nothing display in
the map window.

var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
               strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
               protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                   url: "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
                   featureType: "my_layer",
                   featureNS: "http://postgis.org",
                   srsName: "EPSG:900913",
                   version: "1.1.0",
                   extractAttributes: true,
                   isBaseLayer: false,
                   visibility: true

also there is no errors in firebug!

regaring the proxy thing, I installed Perl on my PC. then created a cgi
folder in WEB-INF folder in tomcat and paste there a proxy script from here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/browser/trunk/openlayers/examples/proxy.cgi

but have changed the first line to : 	#!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
finally tried "Hello World!" script and it works fine.

*SO .. what's wrong with my code :(*