[OpenLayers-Users] Help adding WMS on openstreetmap

brentgraham40 brentgraham40 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 1 20:52:07 EDT 2011

I am using the mobile map example and need some help adding a wms overlay on
top of the open street map layer. I tried to add a wms layer after the

 layers: [
            new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM("OpenStreetMap", null, {
                transitionEffect: 'resize'
            }), var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
  "OpenLayers WMS",
  "http://vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/wms/vmap0",
  {'layers':'basic'} );
map.addLayer(wms);

but it didn't work... Can someone please help me add a wms overlay?
Thanks...

// initialize map when page ready
var map;

// Get rid of address bar on iphone/ipod
var fixSize = function() {
    window.scrollTo(0,0);
    document.body.style.height = '100%';
    if (!(/(iphone|ipod)/.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()))) {
        if (document.body.parentNode) {
            document.body.parentNode.style.height = '100%';
};
setTimeout(fixSize, 700);
setTimeout(fixSize, 1500);

var init = function () {
    // create map
    map = new OpenLayers.Map({
        div: "map",
        theme: null,
        controls: [
            new OpenLayers.Control.Attribution(),
            new OpenLayers.Control.TouchNavigation({
                dragPanOptions: {
                    enableKinetic: true
                }
            }),
            new OpenLayers.Control.ZoomPanel()
        ],
	  layers: [
            new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM("OpenStreetMap", null, {
                transitionEffect: 'resize'
            })

        ],
        center: new OpenLayers.LonLat(-83,39),