[OpenLayers-Users] Openlayers on iPad : zoom smoothness

Henri-Maxime SUCHIER hm.suchier at artefacto.fr
Fri Oct 7 03:57:56 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm currently working on a website displaying a map fullscreen with
openlayers. Main target for this website are iPads, and I thus would
like to have smooth interactions with map (such as continuous zooms for
example). Here is the way I build my map object :

                               options = {

                                               div: "viewer",

                                               theme: null,

                                               projection: sm,

                                               units: "m",

                                               numZoomLevels: 18,

                                               maxResolution:
156543.0339,

                                               maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(

-20037508.34, -20037508.34, 20037508.34, 20037508.34

                                               ),

                                               controls: [

                                                               new
OpenLayers.Control.TouchNavigation({

dragPanOptions: {

enableKinetic: true

}

                                                               })

                                               ],

                                               layers: [

                                                               new
OpenLayers.Layer.OSM("OpenStreetMap", null, {

transitionEffect: 'resize'

                                                               })

                                               ]

                               };

touchMap = new OpenLayers.Map(options);

I'm wondering why I can't get the same smoothness as on this example
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/mobile-sencha.html where the same
controls are used. Is the smoothness here obtained through the use of
sencha ? Or is there something to be done with openlayers apart from the
init stage ?

Thanks for your answers !